The Division of Hospital Medicine (DHM) at Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) was established in 2007 by 6 founding faculty members. Since its founding, the DHM has grown to 30 core faculty dedicated to patient care, teaching, quality improvement, and research.
There are an additional 10 affiliated physicians and 8 staff (including NPs). DHM faculty provide patient care at ZSFG on the general medicine inpatient service, medical consult service, orthopedic surgery co-management service, inpatient, outpatient, and community based palliative care service, and a geriatric consult service on the multi-displinary Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) unit. In 2019, the DHM will be launching an addiction medicine consult service. Faculty in DHM also hold leadership roles in hospital management, service directorships, education/teaching, IT/informatics, and quality improvement.
High quality hospital care for everyone.
A welcoming hospital environment that provides a web of support for healing
- For patients - support a continuum of care aligned with individual circumstances to foster understanding, confidence and empowerment
- For providers - offer opportunities to grow, learn, serve, and share
- Creativity - taking a generative, expansive approach to teaching and learning
- Collaboration - working closely with hospital providers and patients’ communities
- Service - committed to delivering quality care for all San Franciscans
- Excellence - a commitment to improving care
- Education - consistent, high quality teaching is essential
- Advocacy - empowering patients while respecting their own resourcefulness and resiliency