Quality Improvement Initiatives
In alignment with the ZSFG Mission, Vision and True North Goals, the Division of Hospital Medicine at ZSFG is dedicated to providing quality health care services with compassion and respect.
Striving to achieve our True North Goals of Equity, Safety, Quality, Care Experience, Developing Our People, and Financial Stewardship, the Division of Hospital Medicine faculty provide leadership and clinical engagement on a number of hospital-wide and division initiatives. The Department of Medicine Quality Improvement Committee supports communication, alignment and accountability of improvement work and reports annually to the ZSFG Performance Improvement Patient Safety Committee (PIPS).
Recent QI projects led by ZSFG hospitalists have included:
- Early identification and management of sepsis
- Prevention of line-associated blood stream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections and falls with injury
- Ensuring a culture of patient safety and accountability
- Enhancing care transitions and reducing avoidable readmissions
- Improving hospital flow from the Emergency Room to Home
- Reducing hospitalist burnout
- Developing Leaders through Problem Solving and Lean Management
- Improving MD-Patient Communication through Relationship Centered Communication
- Housestaff Incentive Project: "Go Home with Naloxone"
For more information, please contact the Medical Director of Quality Management, Dr. William Huen.